Thursday, March 13, 2008

Episode #8: Featuring The Comic Book Artist Rick Burchett!





Download Episode 8!

Comic book artist Rick Burchett was born on March 9, 1952, so Happy Birthday, Rick! I decided to feature him, since his birthday was this week and I had done two episodes featuring deceased artists Curt Swan and Jack Kirby. After making a small correction on the previous episode, #7, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUPERMAN!, I highlight an upcoming book. BOYS OF STEEL: THE CREATORS OF SUPERMAN is written by Marc Tyler Nobleman and illustrated by Ross Macdonald. It is scheduled to be published on August 26, 2008, and can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com. Check out their websites: www.noblemania.blogspot.com and www.mtncartoons.com for Mr. Nobleman, and www.ross-macdonald.com . 

After a brief summary of Rick's comic book career I highlight SUPERMAN ADVENTURES, which Rick Burchett was involved with for 29 issues. I will list the individual stories in my expanded show notes. Then I feature the story of issue SUPERMAN ADVENTURES #1, titled, MEN OF STEEL. If you would like to read the story from issue #1 before you listen to the podcast, you might be able to find back issues at your local comic book shop, or find the following trade paperbacks published by DC Comics: SUPERMAN: THE ADVENTURES OF THE MAN OF STEEL contains the earliest stories of this title, followed by: SUPERMAN ADVENTURES vol's I - IV. 

Expanded show notes can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com . I look forward to reading your e-mail, which you can send to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com . 

Check out my other blog, MY PULL LIST, at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com . E-mail about that blog can be sent to mypulllist@gmail.com . 

Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics.

Thanks for listening, and as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment