Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Episode #2: My Favorite Superman Artist: Curt Swan!





Download Episode 2!

After sharing my favorite Superman stories last episode, this time I want to talk about my favorite comic book artist, Curt Swan. Starting with a brief biography, I then highlight key issues from Curt Swan's career, and why I enjoy his art style so much. At the end of the podcast I share some of the earliest Curt Swan stories I remember reading as a young boy, that I have been able to find copies of again and add to my comic book collection: 
SUPERMAN #181, Nov. 1965, THE SUPER SCOOP OF MONA VINE and THE SUPERMAN OF 2965. 
WORLD'S FINEST #155, Feb. 1966, THE 1,000TH EXPLOIT OF SUPERMAN AND BATMAN. This was the first comic book I remember my Dad buying me as a small boy. WORLD'S FINEST #159, Aug. 1966, THE CAPE AND COWL CROOKS. 

To read more about Curt Swan's life and career read CURT SWAN: A LIFE IN COMICS, by Eddy Zeno, published by Vanguard Productions in 2002.

For expanded show notes, go to: www.supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com . E-mail me at: supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com .

MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com . Send e-mail about this blog to mypulllist@gmail.com .

Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics.

Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment